Unlock the fascinating world of molding and casting in our 3 hour comprehensive class, led by Arty! Delve into the art and science of creating replicas and unique forms through exploration of various materials. Whether you're an artist, designer, or enthusiast eager to expand your skill set, this course offers a solid foundation in the principles and techniques of molding and casting. Arty will be leading the class and will have a live demo using a fast-setting silicone and fast-setting urethane. Feel free to bring current projects to discuss during class (time permitting).
Class size limited to 15.
You will learn:
- The fundamentals of mold making and different mold making materials
- Properties and applications of casting materials
- Introduction to essential tools such as mold boxes, release agents, and measuring instruments.
- Preparing prototypes and models for the molding process.
- Troubleshooting common design challenges.
- Finishing Techniques
- How to implement safety protocols in the workshop.
When: Sunday, December 3rd, 12-3pm
- Where: D&S San Francisco, 730 Bryant St. (2nd floor) San Francisco CA 94107
To purchase, add this class to your cart and check out! We look forward to seeing you!